Saturday, February 13, 2010

i spy introduces Daniella Kilov...


[images above - Rene Gruau via private]

I’d like to introduce you to Daniella – who has very kindly agreed to do some guest blogging for a few weeks while I am busy with baby no.3 [no, it hasn’t arrived yet but any day now…].

Daniella is a very talented young designer with big ambitions and a great sense of style who loves to work with colour. She has recently finished studying at ISCD in Sydney where she won many awards and acclamations for her work. A short time ago she travelled in the US where she took in all she could on the design scene and is now back in Sydney working with some amazing people such as Paul Hopper, Megan Morton, Jo Carmichael & Inside Out magazine assisting in styling shoots and sourcing products etc. Daniella also works with clients on interior design & colour styling projects for both residential and commercial.

I am sure she will be able to 'spy' many gorgeous things while I am otherwise occupied and keep you inspired.

Here’s 5 minutes with Daniella to help us get to know her…

What do you want to be when you grow up?
An influential interior stylist come fashion designer come homewares designer (it seems to be the circle of life at the moment)
Describe where you live & who with?
Still living at home-there's always a lot going on at my house but I
love the noise, and the fact that everything takes place around the kitchen...it creates a togetherness where we all have an input in cooking and one anothers lives. I live with my mom, dad and brother... (my sister is currently in Miami) but it is never just the four of us.
What's your most favourite possession?
Have a few- my swarovski ballerina figurine from my boyfriend (I think it was a hint…what was, was). My Dad’s two beautiful abstract paintings in my room, all my design books- I would save those before myself!
Who do you most admire?
I don’t really admire anyone in particular but I have great respect for anyone who stands up for what they believe and go against the grain. Those who succeed due to hard work, individuality and creativity.
If you could be one iconic design piece what would you be?
Besides anything from Eames? I would be the French magazine illustrations by Rene Gruau [below]- they epitomize femininity in its most glamorous and divine form, each illustration depicting a characteristic of the female.


I will be popping in from time to time but please enjoy Daniella’s insight in the meantime…


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, we love to hear from you!